Monday, February 26, 2007

In Malaysia

So i arrived to Kuala Lumpur 2 days ago after spending 4 nights in LangKawi island.. The island was very nice, many sight seeing and places to visit but nothing much other than that..The island is dead by 7 pm.

Kuala Lumpur is my kind of city; very big, no traffic jamming, friendly people, lots of options for transportation, prices are ALWAYS negotioable, has many ethnic groups and nationalities, and almost everyone is having a good time... makes me wish i went to college here rather than the sh*thole that i graduated from. I think thats why i like Japanese animaton and cartoons; becasue i love eastern asian cultures.

Anyway, here's acouple of funny things ai'd like to talk about:

First of all, the friend i'm traveling with is well known for his love of dining at restaurants. Guess what was the first thing that he talked about when we arrived to malaysia?? "Lets go to the arabian restaurant, i read reviews on the internet and i heard its GREAT! " and it gets worse, he kept talking about it for 2 days till i finaly gave up and went there...... Let me get this straight: I've spent a fortune on airplane tickets and traveled for 16 hours to the other side of the globe to pay triple the price for a moderate meal that i could have it DELIVERED to my home?? oh boy, i can't wait to tell my family i ate hummus and mutabbal in malaysia. And of course, i had to take a break from my diet,.The ways things look at the moment, it looks more like early retirement rather than a short break. But no matter, i can't wait till i go back to Kuwait to return back to my diet and gym routine ( never thought i'd ever say that) . I guess i finally started to appreciate the benifits of gyms especially the time sink that prevents me from having to deal/meet/or interact with other people... Is there any company that hires engineers to work as hermits? if so i'd love to apply.

Moving on to the second funy part, on my way to the internet cafe that i'm in right now, a middle aged asian man passed me his card, it reads something like this:
********************************************************
Venus Entertainments
(Executive spa)
MR. Eddie
Hand Phone Contact : xxx-xxx-xxxx (for anonomity reasons)
Business Hours 2:00 pm - 5:00 am
*********************************************************
I didn't read the card until i got further away from the guy and couldn't stop laughing afterwards.. tears came out of my eyes and people were loking at me strangely. Does this need any more explanation :) ?
Of couse it doesn't coz i have to talk about it and thats what this blog is for
Lets start with the name. Venus Entertainments, as is Venus the Roman Goddess of love and beauty? does this look like a name for a spa? i know spas can be relaxing and enjoyable, but entertaining? and what kind of manager is MR. Eddie? if you ask me, the first thing that crossed my mind when i read this card is that venus entertainment is another name for prostitition and MR. Eddie is a friggin pimp( which is strictly illegal in Malaysia and could bring a death sentence) there is NO OTHER way to visualize it other than this. but hey who knows, maybe he does run a spa after al, i'm sure there's a crap load of people who'd love a foot massage or a manicure at 5 in the morning.
On a side note. i'ts my birthday today. I'm 28.. Yay, one year closer to the grave.
Seriously though, it seems just like yesterday when i was begging my parents to apply for a driving license and admitting for college. Can't beleve 10 years have passed since then. but i did have a blast in the past decade.. jumping between 3 colleges in 3 different countries and/or states and meeting new people, i can see why it went by as fast as i imagine.people say that good times run fast, especialy fun times.I guess thats the case with me.
Well kids, gramps have to be excused coz he has to get back to the hotel and get some rest.. maybe i'll call for a "massage" ;P
byebye

1 comment:

Salman said...

It was a shithole a century before Hurricane katrina dude.i took many pictures.. will post some soon